“Actual problems of Kazakh language and Turkic studies: spiritual modernization in the 21st century” conference
October 29, 2017
The department of Kazakh language and Turkic studies, School of Humanities and Social Sciences held an international scientific and practical conference “Actual problems of Kazakh language and Turkic studies: spiritual modernization in the 21st century” on the 26-28 October, 2017. The aim of the conference was strengthening scientific, theoretical and pedagogical foundation of Kazakh language and Turkic studies, exchange of world experience in the field of language formation. Approval of the Charter of the International Association of Kazakh language teachers (IAKazL). Such tasks as figuring out the directions of Kazakh language development as the foundations of modern society and national consciousness, and as of academically and professionally oriented content; using of new innovative technologies and the discussion of actual problems in modern Turkic studies were discussed and solved during the plenary sessions.The participants of the conference were well-known foreign scientists: professor Maria Ivanics, Szeged University (Szeged, Hungary), professor Julian Rentzsch, Johannes Gutenberg University (Mainz, Germany), professor Henryk Jankowski, Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznan, Poland) and native scientists, as well as PhD doctoral students and undergraduates of local universities.
The conference worked in the following directions:
- Kazakh language and modernization of national consciousness.
- Teaching Kazakh language and system of assessment: new competitive and qualitative level.
- Kazakh writing and Latin.
- «Жаңа гуманитарлық білім. Қазақ тіліндегі 100 жаңа оқулық»/ «Новые гуманитарные знания. 100 новых учебников на казахском языке»/ «New humanities knowledge. 100 new textbooks in Kazakh language» - the prerequisite for improving the professional Kazakh language.
- Actual problems of Kazakh linguistics in the 21st
- Linguo-archaeology and the historical language picture of the world.
- Problems of translation studies at the junction of cultures and national terminology.
- Actual problems of Turkic studies in the 21st
- Turkic studies and Anthropology.
- The connection between language and literature is the value of spiritual traditions.
- History is the informative space of evolutionary development.
Languages of the conference: Kazakh, Turkish, Russian and English.